John Frame (Wikipedia)
- Two time recipient of Grants from the National Endowment for the Arts.
- New Talent Award from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
- J. Paul Getty Museum’s Individual Artist Fellowship.
- Honorary Doctor of Arts degree from Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle in 2009.
Individual works can be found in more than 300 public and private collections, including the permanent collections of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Orange County Museum of Art, the Long Beach Museum of Art, the Palm Springs Desert Museum, the Renwick Gallery of American Art at the Smithsonian Institution, and the University of Southern California.
- 2021: “John Frame: Mephistopheles and The Swan Girl,” Claremont Museum of Art, December 4, 2021 thru March 20, 2022.
- 2018, Production Designer. Charles Gounod’s Opera Faust. Lyric Opera of Chicago, March 3-21. Portland Opera, Portland, Oregon June 8-16.
- 2018, “Three Fragments of a Lost Tale,” Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center, June 2-September 16.
- 2015: Production Designer, co-writer, actor and composer for the Academy Award winning student film, “The Swan Girl” Directed by Johnny Coffeen.
- 2012, “Three Fragments of a Lost Tale,” at the Portland Art Museum
- 2011, “Three Fragments of a Lost Tale,” The first major solo exhibition of the work of a living sculptor to be mounted by the Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens.
- 2005: Mid Career Retrospective, Long Beach Museum of Art “Enigma Variations: The Sculpture of John Frame, 1980 to 2005.”
- 1992: “John Frame,” Major survey of the artist’s work at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art